Hi, Linux-il,
My question is about securing the Internet access from a Linux Desktop(at
home)  to the Internet via ISP ; my setup is quite old:
Dlink BR-6504N (IEEE802.11b/g/n) wireless router which is connected to ADSL
bezeq device (in my case it
is quite old - DSL 2500U), but the question is *in general*. The question
is - which firewall
is recommended to be running on the Linux Desktop ? (let's say it is either
Fedora or Ubuntu). Do you rely on firewalld for Fedora and ufw of
Ubuntu ? or do you recommend something else ?
And regarding the Dlink router - do you recommend any other wireless router
with special security features ? what should we pay attention when
purchasing a new wireless router, related to these aspects ? or is it
enough to have the firewall software on the
desktop itself  ?

My main focus here is avoiding intrusion into the Linux desktop, but
avoiding viruses is also important. Is there a (free) good Anti-virus sw
for a Linux desktop that you can recommend?

Regards,
Dan