From: Linux-il <linux-il-boun...@cs.huji.ac.il> on behalf of Travis Waters
<travis.wat...@sdl.usu.edu>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:42 AM
To: linux-il@cs.huji.ac.il
Subject: Missing Memory

Hello Linux Users!

We are developing a single-board embedded system based around a SPARC
architecture processor with 256 MB SRAM.  When we cat /proc/meminfo our
MemTotal is showing a missing 73 MB.   When checking our dmesg, we have the
following reported memory:

Memory: 172848K/176868K available (3886K kernel code, 136K rwdata, 740K rodata,
14228K init, 152K bss, 4020K reserved, 0K cma-reserved, 0K highmem)

Which in all accounts for 22 of the missing 73 MB, but what of the other 51 MB?
 Can that 51 MB be accounted for somewhere, or are we missing something in our
memory tables somehow?

We have also had to increase the VMalloc size, and in the SPARC architecture
that means changing the pgtable_32.h macros to the following (SPARC isn't
responding to setting the vmalloc kernel parameter):