On Tue, 16 Jun 2020, אורי wrote:

   raise VersionConflict(dist, req).with_context(dependent_req)
pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (certbot 0.31.0
(/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages), Requirement.parse('certbot>=1.1.0'))

My guess is that you installed Certbot both from the Python Package repository and also from an Ubuntu package repository.

You should install a Python package one way or the other, not both. Otherwise you will get problems like this.

If you run:

dpkg -s python3-certbot

or similar (try 'dpkg --get-selections |grep certbot' if you can't find the package).

I would recommend removing the Ubuntu package if you are working with a package installed via pip.

BTW: randomly deleting directories is generally not a good idea, particularly if you have installed from a package. All packages provide a method to remove it, even programs compiled from source will usually have the ability to "make uninstall".

Geoff.