Sthitaprajna saw fit to inform LI that:

>>2. Satyam users CANNOT access usenet at all, as they have implemented
>>router blocks, but have not yet deployed their own NNTP server.
>Is it?? I use a public domain server in FAAAR off Austra"iy"lia
>::news.cairns.net.au:: and there seem to be no problems accesing the Usenet

They appear to have removed the router blocks ....

--- part of a mail dated Dec 28 '99 from satyam (snipped heavily) ---

-------------------------------------

>And what do we call this chap who trashed the rtfm.mit.edu server::certainly
>not a "hacker"

He's a notorious usenet spammer (operating these days mainly from Delhi
and Chandigarh dialups [1]).  His software "News Agent" performs these
(and assorted other nastiness) -

1. Mailbombs
2. Sendsys bombs
3. Forged cmsg cancels
4. Sporgeries (spam forgeries - with junk chars arranged like poetry)

For more, try searching news.admin.net-abuse.usenet and
news.admin.net-abuse.email for "Hipcrime".  You'll get a few thousand
posts (dating back over three years).

[1] Currently Mantra Online, whose admins are working with several usenet
security people to track him down (see http://www.sputum.com for more).

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   | [EMAIL PROTECTED]