Hi Rohit,

Rohit saw fit to inform me that:
>Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
>> My Sound mixer settings are not getting saved when I shutdown linux, nor do I get
>any error > messagelike mixer settings could not be saved.
>
>Shit! Where do you get time to notice all this and try and compare.. For
>last many days, I have not even been getting enough sleep, forget about
>noting down this etc :-D
I use Linux only at home. Sleep well :-)

>Yes you are right. I think it does happen. But
>is your KDE saving current state of other applications?

Yes. It saves even the sound mixer settings when I logout and login again. KDE saves
the mixer settigns. However if I restart my machine and then login then mixer settings
are back to the old settings ie.: default settings ( all slidebars at the middle).

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card ?Visit:http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/linux.html

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Every person you meet knows something you don't, Learn from them.
H. Jackson Brown

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.