Bharat Ale forced the electrons to say:
> And the other thing that I don't understand is how does Linux resolve names
> when online because there's no DNS names of my ISP's DNS in resolve.conf or
> named.conf. It has only my static IP address (192.168.0.1).

The ISP nameservers are not needed - named uses the root servers listed in the
named.ca file to resolve any domain. For example, let us assume you are
looking up www.yahoo.com. named contacts A.root-servers.net (whose IP address
is listed in the named.ca file) and asks about name servers for .com domain.
Then it queries that server for yahoo.com's nameservers, and then the
yahoo.com nameserver for www.yahoo.com.

ISP nameservers are needed if you are not running DNS on your machine. Also,
you can instruct named on your machine to use your ISP nameservers instead of
going via the root servers to resolve any domain. This has the advantage that
cache'd data from your ISP is utilised (lookups become faster).

Binand

--
The prompt for all occasions:
export PS1="F:\$(pwd | tr '/[a-z]' '\134\134[A-Z]')> "