On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Jomon Joy (Bombay) wrote:

>Dear all
>
>Please give me a solution
>
>I installed a server version of Linux6.1 from the Nov 99 PCQuest cd and the
>Installation completed sucessfully. I am now getting the Unix prompt. I have put a ip
>address with the netconfig command.
>can I get the x-window on the same server, if so what is the commands/configuration i
>have to give out.
Did you install the Xserver?
Type X to see if you have done that. If you get a grey screen, with a X shaped
mouse cursor, you can just type startx to get the xserver running. Otherwise,
you will need to install the appropriate drivers and window managers from the
cd. Mount it and rpm -ivh (rpms of need here).
>How do i set up the mail server on it.

man imapd

>How to Pickup mail from a single host

man fetchmail man procmail

Details on all these in the archives.

Devdas Bhagat
--
Don't speak about Time, until you have spoken to him.

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
submit messages can and will be revoked.