hi,

i was unable to configure my HT1869 soundcard with Linux 6.0 when i was
recently installing. the sndconfig command invoked the interface which
recognized my sound adapter correctly as 'cmi8330' but was unable to
complete the installation since no sound was heard.

next when it asked to configure it manually, it showed the sound adapter
rightly as cmi8330 and when i selected it showed some i/o addresses and irqs
from which i had to select some. when i got the relevant info from my win98
system info and wanted to give it to linux, it is not showing the right i/o
addresses to choose from. it is showing addresses from 0x500 onwards when i
had the SB16 device on 0x200 or so. please someone tell me what to do.

anil.