Hi all
        i tried installing Suse 6.3 yesterday. I ran into a coupla probz.
Can you help me ?

I did a trial installation and...........

** I can't assign which partitions must be / , /boot or swap . Yast
deletes and repartitions all of them.
**As a consequence  my /boot went well over 1024 cylinder limit  and i
couldn't lilo to M$
**So i deleted the linux partitions , went for a minimal 2-minute 124 mb
RHL 6.1 install from a very scratched CD and from cfdisk tried to
manipulate the partitions.
        But the problem is that yast takes my hdd as having over 2000
cylinders but disk druid says i have only 1027 cylinders. Which is right?
Oh by the way i've a 8.4 GB seagate hdd.

** Then i again started suse yast and it said i have non-contiguous
harddisk space. If i give a 1028 mb partition it says it's too little for
install. This happens in both the guided and the auto install.

        How do i continue...?

Bye
Cheedu

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
website: www.geocities.com/sri_dhar_n

It is impossible to do anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious