divakaran u.m forced the electrons to say:
>  Thanks for the reply. We re using slackware version 1.2.13. I seearched
> for the specialix.o in the modules directory tree. I was not able to find it.
> Does this old version of slackware contain that driver?
> or should we upgrade the OS to later version of linux?

Is that the version of slackware or the version of your kernel? I am
guessing it is your kernel version, which is pretty old.  Linux kernel
is now at 2.2.14 (at least).  You most likely will have to upgrade
your system.

Binand

--
The prompt for all occasions:
export PS1="F:\$(pwd | tr '/[a-z]' '\134\134[A-Z]')> "