----- Original Message -----
From: sagar J naik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 7:46 PM
Subject: [LIH] intel 810 chipset with linux 6.1

> I am trying to install RH 6.1 on Compaq presario P_III
> with SOUND CARD ESS allegra pci audio
> Display card Intel 810e chipset
>
> The problem is I am not getting the graphics
>
> Can anybody help me in this ? about the drivers ?
>
> please help
>
> Regards
> sagar
>

> Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
> http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct

> LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created for a purpose - to help
> people discuss issues about installing and running Linux.  If your
> messages are counterproductive to this purpose, your privileges to
> submit messages can and will be revoked.

if hope you get the console(the black thing similar to dos).type in
Xconfigurator as root.
click ok and continue.if it autodetects your card then continue with it .if
it does not then
Generic VGA drivers which suits for all type of cards.then choose the
monitor type as extended vga.
and probe it.hope it works