Suresh Ramasubramanian forced the electrons to say:
> >I tried to install java from PC Quest's CD. For Linux it has some files with
> >bz2 extension. How to install these files ?
>
> man bunzip

Aaaahhhh......

man bunzip2

bzip2/bunzip2 are programs that use a more sophisticated compression technique
than gzip/gunzip. Then man pages have the names of the algorithms used. The
advantage of bzip2 over gzip is more compression, and the disadvantage is that
it takes up too much time.

Binand

PS: The puritans will argue that bunzip2/gunzip don't compress at all. You
are right.

--
The prompt for all occasions:
export PS1="F:\$(pwd | tr '/[a-z]' '\134\134[A-Z]')> "