Hi,

        A couple of additional details before going into diagnostics mode...

Does your BIOS detact the processor as "AMD Athlon 600" or do you see something
like "AMD (Unknown)" ?

In case of the latter, you are going to see a serious hit in performance when
running Linux, while Winx works just fine & fast.

> ***Performance of linux on Ethlon 600 Mhz Processor
> Hi, I have Athlon-600 MHZ on freetech-P7F200A2 Board with Seagate 8-GB HDD with
>Matrox G-400 Card on DualBoot win98/RHL 6.1. Although this Perfect Combination has
>brought a hell lot of a difference under win98 but Linux Performance has remained
>more or less the same. I still cant perceive even a slightest of performance
>improvement which I think is most likely because RHL 6.1 in not using it to its
>maximum potential, moreover I am unable to play Quake-3 (from PCQ CD) even with this
>high end Machine.

-Avinash Shenoy