On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Ashwin wrote:

->
->Hi,
->I use a dial-up to send and receive mail, by default my  host in
->Sendmail.cf is set to smtp.eth.net. Now if I use another ISP to connect -
->ie. Mantra, Iam able to receive mail but not send ith the message to the
->effect that relaying denied. How can I get around this? I use RH 6.2,
->sendmail, fetchmail.

Either you look for a smarthost that promiscuously relays all mails, I heard
there is one such mailserver in vsnl backbone, or dont assign any smarthost
option. In the latter case the mails may take a long time to deliver but it
works with all the ISPs.

Nagarjuna
Nagarjuna G; Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR, Mumbai. INDIA

LIH is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.