Hmm.. you don't have to worry about blown monitors if you have a
relatively new one. IF the monitor gets a signal it doesn't like, it
just switches off.....so I guess it's ok to play around.
But!...don't blame me if your monitor goes up in smoke, I have never
seen any such exiting thing (yet)..even though I've fiddled around  a
lot.

Ciao
SOj.

--
Sojan James
Consultant, National Semi. India Designs Ltd.