Hi,

Yesterday I compiled Postgres SQL 7.0.3 on my PC from the sources given on
Network Computing CD. I must say Postgres compilation was a breeze. The
INSTALL file has all the necessary things given in it. Now my Postgres is
up.

Since on my Debian box I have already got apache, I won't be compiling
apache. I have checked out if apache has got module support compiled in.

debian:~# apache -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_macro.c

Now I want to compile PHP4 as Dynamic Apache Module. It requires apache
apxs tool for his. When I tried

./configure --with-pgsql --with-apxs

I got the following error :

<SNIP>
Configuring SAPI modules
checking for AOLserver support... no
checking for Apache module support via DSO through APXS...
./configure: apxs: command not found
configure: error: Sorry, I cannot run apxs. Either you need to install Perl
or you need to pass the absolute path of apxs by using
--with-apxs=/absolute/path/to/apxs
<SNIP>

I searched on debian with apt-cache search apxs but could not find any apxs
tool. Can anybody tell me which deb file contains apxs ?

Eagarly waiting for the reply.

Thanks a lot.

Rajesh Fowkar                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,      http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA Powered By :Debian GNU/Linux with GRUB
                                             Kernel 2.4.3 & Mutt 1.3.17i
                                             IceWM 1.0.8-5  & KDE 2.1
"The expert at anything was once a beginner."  -Hayes