On Mon, 2010-11-15 at 04:19, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> I would suggest that you login from webmail once (say in the morning) and
> just click report spam on all the spams that are in your inbox. Pull down
> the rest using pop3.
>
> Or switch to imap instead of pop - that way only the subject lines (not the
> entire message) is downloaded, you can delete emails that way.

Hi Suresh !

I have already reported spams for many unsolicited mails, but you know
those keep on comming...

And, some mails are just routine regular confirmations from known
sources , which I do not want to dnload, and such mails can be deleted
right-away.

But yr IMAP suggestion is worthy, which I would try.

Thnks !

~Pats