>>Well folks, actually  i was going thru the code fragments given in the W
>> Richard Stevens (UNIX NETWORK PROGRAMMING ) and wondered if  somebody
>>knows where i can find code for a "daemon"  or say if somebody could let
>>me know of where to find the complete code for it !! or say pointers to
>>a fresh code ??

Actually I hate helping people who don't RTFM, but this is an exception.
man setpgrp(), setsid(). One of these two functions and fork() should
tickle your grey cells enough so that you can write the code yourself.

In case you are unable to figure it out , send me a mail and I will send
you the code :)

Regards,
Suman

--
Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am"
Suman Saraf, http://members.xoom.com/ssaraf, [EMAIL PROTECTED]