Hi all:

> From: Satheesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LI] Danger of using Windoze !
> Date: Saturday, November 13, 1999 7:25 PM
>
> Dear Sudhir,
>
> Please refrain from  doing such things in future.

Folks, folks, folks....lay off Sudhir!! Give the guy a break.... he didn't do it on
purpose and once notified he
immedietely apologised and started taking the right steps in preventing the spread of
damage.

> You dont understand many organisations are part of this list
> and many of them are using their O/s as Windows.

Of course, Sudhir *doesn't* understand how many organisations are part of list.... how
can he when he is one of the
leading Nominees for the EMIT Magazine's "Brainless Dodo of the Millenium"
Award??...right Sudhir?? ;-)

> Sys Administrators  never expect such blow from ILUG.

Yup... how can they when they have never heard of preventive security, having been
bottle-feed since birth on the
principles of security-through-obscurity of certain proprietory OSes... Get real
ppl... if you can't block a virus at
your end, it your failing... if you are habituated to indiscriminately open mail
attachments while working under
Windows, its your problem.

> Hence I Request ILUG List operator to block such mails in future.

I would like to propose one better.... Thaths... what about bouncing all mails from
Windows based MUA and MTA ;-)....
???

> I also suprised to see that none our gurus are responded.

My guess would be that it is very difficult for the gurus to respond in face of the
grossly immature reaction on part
of many members of this list... thanks to whom the whole problem was blown completely
out of proportion... notifying
Sudhir in private (as I had done) along with a posting on the list warning ppl to
delete the mail with the viral
payload would have sufficed instead of all these waste of b/w....

--Indra.

Indian Linux User Group -- CALCUTTA Chapter