I would suggest reading the firewall howto. However, FYI there are many
freebies available for linux. What you need to do as a preliminary step is to
summarize your requirements & then take a look at one of the two different
approaches that are easily possible on Linux -
1. Masquerading / NAT
2. Proxy

First one can be achieved using ipfwadm/ipchains, second one can be achieved
by using squid/fwtk.

MANNU