Dear Ashok,
        a) Let us not blame Windows when it is not due. Windows does have its
own share of problems and so does Linux (But probably Microsoft takes a
monopolistic lion's share of the problems too ;))

        b) Survey /var/log. Check out dmesg, messages

Regards
Shourya

 On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, vsashok
wrote: *Two m/c I know of, one of mine and other of a freind's, hangs most of
*the time while booting. After repeated attempts, it boots and works
*reasonably well. I know it is far better than Windoze but can anyone *help me
to find out what is happening and how to correct it? Which log *files would
help me to find out the prob? Generally, it hangs up at some *point after
mounting ext2 in read/write mode etc... (mine is RH 6.0 and *my friend's is RH
6.1!) *Thanks a lot.
*Ashok