On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> (--) SVGA: PCI: Trident 3DImage975 rev 243, Memory @ 0xe5400000, 0xe5800000
> (--) Trident chipset version: 0xf3 (3DImage975)
> (--) SVGA: Revision 0.
> (--) SVGA: TV interface is PAL
> (--) SVGA: DAC is enabled for TV
That's it - your card is trying to talk to the TV Out circuitry - which
isn't there, causing the machine to hang. The X server is not
reprogramming the DAC to talk to the VGA output, probably because it
doesn't know how.

Like I said - we have seen this before. Even commercial X servers like
Accelerated X failed in this situation.

Get the card changed, or wait for an updated X server that can handle this
situation.

Atul