Pankaj,

Try adding the option "hide-password" to your /etc/ppp/options file. The
following is what the man page of pppd mentions :

<quote>
       hide-password
              When logging the  contents  of  PAP  packets,  this
              option  causes  pppd to exclude the password string
              from the log.
<unquote>

I'm not sure if this would work in script based logins as well (I use PAP
for connecting and it does work as advertised)

Kala