Hi Shahrukh,

I had already installed xforms-0.88-6 from Chip CD, on my Red Hat 6.1 machine.

I downloaded xfmail.rpm from rpmfind. It installed properly and after running
Xfmail I came to know that it is version 1.4.0. It had some bugs. I contacted
the author of xfmail he told me that xforms-0.88.1 is needed for Xfmail and to
download lastest xfmail from his site (xfmail 1.4.4).

I downloaded xfmail-1.4.4 from his site and installed xforms-0.88.1 from old PC
CD. When I tried to install xfmail-1.4.4 rpm it gave me dependency error saying
that xforms version >= 0.88  is needed. I had installed xforms-0.88 and inspite
of this I got the error. Now I have reverted back to xforms-0.88.6 and xfmail
1.4.0. Waiting for the author to respond.

Here is a snip from the mail I received from Kevin, the author of xfmail :

<snip>
On 30-Jan-2000 Rajesh Fowkar wrote:
> XFMail 1.4.0 on Linux.

Upgrade to 1.4.4 and see if it still happens, as for the
paste crash that is due a bug in XForms .89 go back to .88.

Regards,

Chris

<snip>

I will let you know about the latest progress on this matter.

Hope this helps.

Rajesh

On 01-Feb-00 Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> I downloaded the rpms of xfmail and xforms. on try to run xfmail, it gives
> thr following error message -- error in loading shared libraries:
> libforms.so.0.88: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
>
> the page for libforms.so.0.88  on rpmfind
> (http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/libforms.so.0.88.html)
>
> gives shlibs5-99.11.10-2.i386 and xforms-0.88.1-69.i386 as the lniks. Where
> am I making a mistake ? Do I also need to download shlibs ?
>
> Rajesh, how did you get xfmail working ??
>
> Sharukh.

Regards

--
Rajesh(ALIAS Shriram)
How I Configured my SiS6215 Card

Web Site : http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com/
   Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a
thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan