Hello,
        While booting (init) of RH6.1 sendmail takes a _long_ time to
start itself. finally it does (aah!) but then there is a diferent problem
i cant fig out. The RH6.1 is configged as a pop server and i have no
problems reading mails with pop clients.

        I am also able to send mails from one account to another _from_
the same machine. That is, while sitting on the server, i can mail from
user@myserver to userb@myserver

        The problem starts when I bring clients into the picture.(Outlook
Express HeHe).i tell my mua client to send mails via the smtp server
running sendmail on port 25. The mails are "sent" and lodged in "Sent
Items " folder but they actually never arrive in the receiver's mailbox.
Also, there is no kind of a bounce notification.

TIA
Shourya

Shourya Sarcar         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  <Tel:91-033-4710477>
Jadavpur University    Calcutta, India 700 032

All the world's a stage..
And I am acting tonight
C - the difference : http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html