** Reply Requested When Convenient **

I tried to install Linux RedHat 6.1 from PC Quest on the
System (Digital make)
CPU             : Pentium 166 mmx
HDD             : 4.3 GB Seagate
          Partition details
                : Primary C:\ = 1.6 Gb
                          Extended d:\= 1.3 Gb
                                  Free(with any dos partition)= 1.6 Gb
RAM             : 16 Mb
Colour Monitor  : Digital model no: PCXCV-CW
Display card    : S3 Trio64V2
NIC             : PCI - NE2000 compatible D link card

Since there was no CD Drive on the system contents of the CD was copied to D:\drive and
Started the Installation from d:\dosutils\autoboot.bat file
chose custom installation, it detected hda1 and hda5  I added hda6 for swap(128mb)
and hda7 as Native (1200 Gb grow to full disk) after this when I said OK it gave a
message
"as you don't have much memory in this machine, we need to turn on swap space
immediately,
To do this we'll have to write your new partition table to disk immediately, Is it OK".
When I said yes installation gets aborted saying "install exited abnormally - received
signal 11"
After rebooting the system and going through the Installation process it detects
hda1,hda5,hda6 & hda7 (with mount point missing for root) and further it gives the
same message and exits the installation.
Please help

Hegde
[EMAIL PROTECTED]