Teleindia planning community portalsLINUX FANATICS SHOULD SEE THIS MESSAGE OF INTEREST
TO THEM... TELEINDIA IS THE COMPANY I AM REPRESENTING.

It would be great the Linux volunteers come up with their great suggestions for our
NetZoo already dedicated for Linux products and showcasing... We will need to raise
resources - computers etc. for that... if you guys can help us in working this out
thru your contacts it would be the greatest happening and we will as a corporate take
it forward to other cities.

Regards
Sathya

BUSINESS LINE 4TH FEBRUARY, 2000

Teleindia planning community portals
Our Bureau
CHENNAI, Feb. 3

TELEINDIA Private Ltd, a 100 per cent subsidiary of the Australia-based Asia-Pacific
Internet Company (APIC), is to build cultural community portals, aiming at around one
million Indian user base in 12 months.

The company has also recently signed an agreement to acquire NetCafe@India, an
Internet browsing centre in Chennai. Linux products will be showcased there.

Mr. R. Sathyamurthy, Chief Netballer, Teleindia, told newspersons here that the
company planned to build communities around APIC's brand name Web properties _
www.teleindia.com, www.tamil.com, www.chennai.net and www.tamilnadu.net.

The skeletal site, teleindia.com, is up and running, providing brand name
`@teleindia.com' email services. This is to be expanded in the next two months, and
will become a full fledged portal on India, followed by the launch in April of Chennai
focussed www.chennai.net.

Mr. Sathyamurthy said that the brand domains of Teleindia will offer free speech and
cultural oasis for users to discuss and build relationships with opinion leaders.
Also, it will enable proliferation of Indian languages over the Net, starting with
Tamil.

The company is also in the process of identifying companies, for strategic alliances
and takeovers. The $50-million parent company is forging strategic alliances in
Australia, and in the Asia-Pacific region. Teleindia would also do the same soon, he
said, refusing to divulge further details.

Mr. Satyamurthy said the company was also planning for an initial public offer on the
OTCEI within six months to raise Rs. 50 crores for India business investment plans.

Once listed, Teleindia would be the first Internet company to be listed on the OTCEI.
The repositioned OTCEI, as the Technology Exchange of India and modelled on the lines
of Nasdaq, was well suited for the company, he said.

For funding the projects, Teleindia was in talks with venture capital funds, and
private investors in India and abroad.

He said that by acquiring NetCafe@India, the company will extend the brand, and
convert the Cafe as the first of its kind NetZoo in Chennai. The Teleindia NetZoo
concept will be extended on a franchise/own set up basis to other parts of the
country.

The NetZoo would provide opportunity for Internet enterprises and software companies
to demonstrate, exhibit and train people of the latest technologies and development in
the Internet and software scene, he said.