On Fri, Feb 04, 2000 at 02:25:59PM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     Now I have to port the sound driver to MIPS platform so that the
>
> sound module can be plugged into my Qube2 kernel.

There is no porting involved. Almost all of the device driver code in
Linux is portable. There is no x86 specific assembly involved. So you
should just be able to recompile the driver and run.

However, in practice there are porting issues, which revolve around

- 64 bit cleanliness issues (Linux MIPS seems to be 32 bit - so you're ok
  there)

- Platform specific issues - how do I get info from the BIOS, how do I
  configure a driver etc.

Apart from that, the driver should just work.

        -Arun