Hi Saurabh,
during RH installation the basic minimum fucntionality of apache is generally
configured. You can test this by pointing your browser to "127.0.0.1"
and you should see the default page of apcahe. If you don't ( and assuming that
your httpd is running) check your host.deny file- maybe it needs appropriate
corrections.In case you have worked out succesfully till this stage then check
the following from any other m/c on LAN:
A) Point the browser to your IP address. It should work if 127.0.0.1
was working.
B) Point the browser to your "machine_name" - if this does not work then it is
a problem of LAN DNS not resolving your machine name to your IP address.
This is the simplest possible setup and should work without trouble - write the
exact details in case you continue having problem.
HTH
Pankaj Mathur

My computer is on a LAN and connects to the internet through a
proxy-server.. now, i want to configure apache on my computer so that i
could use it as a web-server serving requests from other computers on the
LAN.. i have read through the doc for httpd.conf file and other
configuration files.. but i am just unable to get the thing working..
saurabh