Arun Sharma wrote:

> My guess is you can - tell your CD player to use /dev/loop* instead of
> /dev/cdrom. Use losetup without encryption (default) to associate
> the file with the loop device.

Hi Arun,

Here is what i did:

# sox Track01.wav Track01.cdr
# losetup /dev/loop0 Track01.cdr -e none

and then changed the GNOME cd player's properties to use /dev/loop0. It
refused to play the image - "error playing disc" ! Any other tricks?

-- Shanu
  St. Albert's College             Debian/GNU Linux
  Cochin  India                         Potato Powered

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.