Hi sanjeev,

   In Linux, we have so many RDBMSes and FrontEnds.
One of the Comercial RDBMSes in Linux is EMPRESS
RDBMS. This has it's own Front End Tools for GUI
aswell as CUI. You can use VB/VC++ as a Front End for
Empress RDBMS. Even Oracle also available on Linux.

  If you have any doubt please contact me.

Rgds
T Prasad
Margadarsi Computers
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: 040-3831451.

--- sajeev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sir,
> I have heard about RDBMS like PostgreSql, MySql etc
> that are available under linux. I would like to
> create some database applications that have
> graphical user
> interfaces like I can do under MS-Windows using
> Visual Basic and Oracle. Is there an equivalent of a
> front end tool like Visual Basic under Linux that
> can be used
> with the RDBMS under Linux?
> Thanking you in advance,
> Sincerely,
> Sajeev.

> LI is all for free speech, but this list was created
> for a purpose --
> to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages
> are counterproductive
> to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages
> can and will be revoked.

=====
Regards

T Prasad