"Nagarjuna G." wrote:

> Is it possible for the US host not to send the mail to your bom4 account?
> After connecting to the internet, it should be possible to get mail directly
> from your mail server in US to your local machine.

Initialy we had the same thing. But after reading PCQ artical we got it changed to our
local ISP mail box.

> DHhost.mydomain.dom

U mean LOCAL_RELAY in mc file. any way I will try it out with directly editing
sendmail.cf

> smart host can be bom4, and holdexpensive option will queue the mail
> till a sendmail -q is executed.

That has been already set i.e. O HoldExpensive=True
and also tried with
DSbom4.vsnl.net.in (VSNL Server as SMART_HOST) and
DSmail.iname.com (mail.com Server as SMART_HOST)

> I have never done this myself, so i do not know.  But you said you
> have a fixed IP.  Why do you want to do this?  Isn't it possible that
> your mail server at US can keep the mail in their spool till you are
> connected.

No. Localy we do not have fix IP and I will again instruct provider in US to change to
keep all mails comming for our domain in on
comman master mail box, as we cannot create multiple usernames on US Server. Will that
solve the problem

> Since you have a registered domain name, and ISDN line
> I suggest this is the best option.  Once you are connected to the net
> you can run a script to execute `sendmail -q' at the mail server
> to deliver mail directly to your machine.

I will give it a try any way.

> I hope this may work.
>
> Nagarjuna

Let me cross my fingers.
And Thanks any way.
Tushar, I have not used QMail before. Is it realy easy to configure.

Dinesh Shah :-)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dineshah.tripod.com

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.