Can someone help me on the following:

I am using kppp.
I want to set MTU as 576 instead of default 1500 in my dial up connection.
I put  'mtu 576' in /etc/ppp/options  but it does not seem to have any effect,
as the dial window shows the MTU will be 1500.

I want to uninstall Vmware(trial). How can I uninstall it. There is no
instruction I could find in Vmware readme.
Can I remove all related files (if I can locate them).

Thanks.

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.