On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 02:17:12PM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dear Arun,
> I have modified the file conf.modules as suggested. Now when ppp is being
> connetcted it gives the following messages:
>
> PPP BSD Compression module registered
> PPP Deflate module registered
> Unsupported protocol [0x8207] received.

There is some hand shaking and negotiations involved during the PPP
authentication and session establishment.

Read:

http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/54/2000/2/0/3290516/

for more info.

Goto comp.protocols.ppp if you have more technical questions. There are
some very good people there.

Looks like you're ok ignoring the error.

        -Arun

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.