Hi,

Whenever I try to dial up to my VSNL connection, I get
the following error message (in /var/log/messages)

modprobe : cant locate device char-major-108

I get this error message after the PPP connection is setup
and the password is sent.

I can eventually connect after trying a few times, but I
was not getting this error message before and I was able
to connect without trying too many times.

Any ideas why it could be happening ?

Cheers,
Rampi

LI is all for free speech, but this list was created for a purpose --
to help popularise Linux in India. If your messages are counterproductive
to that purpose, your privileges to submit messages can and will be revoked.