-Hey Linux is for Free!
------------------------
Thanush Thamban

-- "This is not here and I am not me ..... anymore!"

-- If your happiness depends on what some body else does,
   then you have a problem.
> I use RH 5.2 and have a few doubts.
> I want to know if.....
> 1.There is any s/w like getright(for win) by which I can dld large
files in parts (for RH 5.2)
 use wget which comes as a part of the main distribution .. see man for
usage quite a simple and definelty the most tool for download
> 2.Is there any means by which i can find my modem's actual connection speed (in
>bauds i.e kbps) in linux
> 3.there is any good tutorial on ftp and telnet on the web
nothing better than the man pages!!!