Hi,

amiya das typed:

Refer the LI archives at http://lists.linux-india.org/cgi-bin/wilma/LIH.
And check out http://www.exocore.com/linux.

> 2.I have a Panasonic KX-P1150 (9 pin Dot matrix
> Printer).How to install the printer in linux.When I
> give print command from gnome or kde nothing happens.

Did you setup the printer using RH printtool? Run printtool under X.

You have to use a player - try http://www.mpegtv.com.

> 4.How to open the files created in Win98 in LINUX &
> Vice Versa through a Floppy.

Mount the floppy under linux with the command :

mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

But for the other way, WinXX can't read ext2fs. So you have to mount
the floppy in linux the same way (as vfat), and then copy the files,
then : umount /mnt/floppy.

> 6.Is there any software like
> DiskDifragmenter,ScanDisk,etc. as in Win98 in Linux.

Use fsck instead of Scandisk. A disk defragmenter is supposedly not
needed - but there is one under development - e2defrag, which is not
recommended.

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (PGP:B1E86F5B) http://listen.to/mrinal
- - - - = ( Redhat Linux 6.1 ) = - - - - = ( Kernel 2.2.12-20 ) = - - - -