Hi,

First off,  are there list archives for linux-input?  I wasn't able to find
any and
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/lab/listserv.html is a dead link.  Remaining
comments inline.

On 5/30/07, Jan Kratochvil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,

>> > Knew that was coming :).  Should be able to manage it.  Since the
>> wireless
>> > model returns a expanded data format it needs to be handled
specially.
>> > Another flag in the xpad_device struct?
>>
>> We have xtype field, I think it should be used.
>

> I don't see this field in xpad_device in your tree or Linus'.

It is not yet in Linus' tree, but it definitely is in Dmitry input tree.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git;a=commit;h=bad058541d848500b5f2cc049c1082d0b2935b7d

Indeed it is.  I think this is just some basic git ignorance on my part.  I
clearly see it in
the link you provided but if I descend from the tree link starting from top
commit at
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dtor/input.git;a=summary I get
some older
version of xpad.c.  Am I just being dense (likely) or is there something
wrong?

I noticed in your patch that you worked on some old version of xpad. You'll
see that in dmitry tree there is support for rumble as well as other minor
changes. (And I submited support for controlling leds yesterday)
Btw you are stating that it process packet is based on information from
http://euc.jp/periphs/xbox-controller.en.html, which I doubt, because this
page
is actually about xbox (1) controller. Not xbox 360. But on the other hand
you
are interpreting the report correctly. :)

Turns out I started developing from a version of xpad.c  distributed with
Ubuntu which
1) is old and 2) appears to contain some extra patches on top of that.  That
link you
refer to is a a stale comment. I'll remove it.

> In any case I'll take these changes and your earlier ones, merge it into
> xpad.c and
> resubmit.

Good luck,
Jan