On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 23:37 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 16:48:59 +0200, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > If there is indeed a lirc driver for this providing all the
> > functionality why would one ever want to have any appleir.patch in the
> > future? I meant to pave the way for appleir to go in, but now I don't
> > see a need for it as an in-kernel driver anymore.
>
> When I didn't had lirc running using the input device, some Gnome
> thingie seemed to react on key presses, so that the volume could be
> adjusted. With the hiddev, this won't work anymore, but I think that
> this was just generic functionality because the appleir driver
> generated the proper key events for volume adjustments, so nothing
> specific to the Apple IR.

True, but I think everyone under linux expects infred stuff to work with
lirc and there is probably already some userspace daemon translating
remote control presses into keyboad presses...

Soeren
--
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, when you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.