Hi Thomas,

On 9/22/07, Thomas Rohwer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried Linux version 2.6.23-rc7 on my macbook pro using the appletouch input
> driver.
> I noticed that often release events for the touchpad button are missing. This
> does not
> occur with Linux version 2.6.22. I suppose this is related to the new reset
> logic in
> the driver introduced in 2.6.23. If a reset occurs while the button is
> pressed the
> release event seems to be not sent sometimes. The attached patch fixes the
> problem for me. It
> changes the count towards idle so that the count is only incremented if the
> touchpad
> button is not pressed. I also attached the output of lsusb.txt.
>
> As I am not subscribed to the list, please cc me in replies.

Yep, this makes sense, thank you for the patch. Couple of comments:

>        y = atp_calculate_abs(dev->xy_acc + ATP_XSENSORS, ATP_YSENSORS,
>                              ATP_YFACT, &y_z, &y_f);
>
> +       int key= dev->data[dev->datalen - 1] & 1;

We do not normally put variable definitions in the middle of the code
but at the beginning of the block.

>                   the first touch unless reinitialised. Do so if it's been
>                   idle for a while in order to avoid waking the kernel up
>                   several hundred times a second */
> !               if (atp_is_geyser_3(dev)) {

Unified diffs please.

I will fix these up myself, you don't need to resubmit the patch. I
only need "Signed-off-by: ... " line from you. Thanks!

--
Dmitry