Dimitry,

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 15:37:37 you wrote:
> I think it could be added to i8042 driver to enable it. How messy is
> detection?

I use simple DMI matching in acer_acpi to do this on known broken laptops.

(acerhk calls directly into the BIOS to find this information - but I suspect
the data from that could easily be extracted and converted to proper DMI
table entries).

These are the the three that I know of (and are supported by acer_acpi) that
require this quirk:

static struct dmi_system_id dritek_extension_quirk[] = {
        {
                .callback = dmi_matched,
                .ident = "Acer Aspire 5650",
                .matches = {
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "Acer"),
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "Aspire 5650"),
                },
        },
        {
                .callback = dmi_matched,
                .ident = "Acer Aspire 5680",
                .matches = {
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "Acer"),
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "Aspire 5680"),
                },
        },
        {
                .callback = dmi_matched,
                .ident = "Acer TravelMate 2490",
                .matches = {
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_SYS_VENDOR, "Acer"),
                        DMI_MATCH(DMI_PRODUCT_NAME, "TravelMate 2490"),
                },
        },
        {}
};