Hey Dmitry & Paul

Want your input on best way to handle this. As you know the HP 6xx keyboard is
using the poll interrupt.
I believe my current issue is due to the fact that it uses a fixed time (50ms)
to check the keyboard for new data.

At high cpu usage, it doesn't complete the routine in 50ms, so it starts to
pile up and outputs bad chars (like 555555555).
In the old driver it instead used a timer that at end of function setup to run
within one HZ, that enabled only one
routine to be active at one time.

I could use spinlocks to force only one active, but Im somewhat concerned at
what cost this would imply. I do not know
how many "requests" could pile up and what this would mean further down the
line.

Ive increased the poll to 100ms-200ms and the problem occured less and less.
However it also means that the keyboard is "slower"
that usual. Instead with timer, it will essentially get it done when it can and
dont schedule other stuff until its ready.

So, suggestions?

--
Kristoffer Ericson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>