[EMAIL PROTECTED] (dean gaudet)  wrote on 02.09.00 in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> although you know the most amusing thing to watch a thread programmer try
> to do is to pass data bidirectionally between two sockets.

I'm tempted to say "don't do that, then". I.e., sounds like the wrong
abstraction.

Of course, you may have no choice.

Easy threads rule-of-thumb: if you need to juggle two concurrent jobs in
one thread, you have the wrong abstraction; maybe you need to split your
thread.

> can we be friends and say "everything in moderation including moderation
> itself"?  :)

That's always wise.

MfG Kai