> Please by no way don't include this patch into the official tree.

I wasn't intending to put it up for inclusion into the main kernel tree... I
think it is far better that it stays as a module, especially as it doesn't
require any changes to the main tree to be used, it can just be loaded when
one wants to use Wine.

> It's insane due to the following:
>
> 1. Linux is UNIX not NT... (in terms of API)
>
> 2. WINE in itself is barely usefull - even in fact non existant, since
> there is
>    no official stable release out there.

It is actually proving very useful, at least to me... It allows me to use PVCS
(a horrible java-based version control system for windows only) at work whilst
running Linux. It also allows me to run MSDEV without having to reboot.

David Howells