On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Petr Vandrovec wrote:

>Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:49:57 MET-1
>From: Petr Vandrovec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: 2.4.0-test7, and filemap_write_page...
>
>Hi,
>  I already asked this about week ago... But today I was informed
>that [EMAIL PROTECTED] received oopses below too. It really looks
>like that vmmon does something wrong, but I cannot find anything.

Sorry...  You're probably bigtime out of luck.  I sent some bug
reports in before which happened while vmware's modules were
loaded and was told point blank that nobody would or could
help.  I was explained "why" too, and afterwards I had to agree.

The kernel developers do not have the time or capability to chase
bugs with patched kernels, especially kernels with commercial
modules loaded.

If you can repeat the problem with a pristine official penguin
pee kernel, I'm sure everyone would be interested though.

Hope this helps.

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris  |  Computer Consultant  |  Capslock Consulting
Linux Advocate  |  Open Source Advocate |  Red Hat Linux Fanatic