I don't know too much about this bug, but this is what happened to me. My
mail spool (mbox format, read with mutt) kept getting filled with null
bytes at the end. Interesting part (which may be a clue) is that it was
also getting ksyms mapped to the end of the file (twice this happened).
I'm not sure if it came from System.map, or from memory.

Anyway, just thought I'de pass along the info.