On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 09:22:09PM +0200, Bombeeck, Jack wrote:
> So st should reject those devices that are serviced by
> osst. Couldn't we just let osst claim them first or is
> that too simple?

I think that letting st claim (under any circumstances) a device which it
can't handle is a mistake.  It's going to lead to user confusion and other
uglyness.

If st can't handle the device, it shouldn't try.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

G:  Let me guess, you started on the 'net with AOL, right?
C:  WOW! d00d! U r leet!
                                        -- Greg and Customer
User Friendly, 2/12/1999

PGP signature