On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Samuli Kaski wrote:

> Another thing is that either the kernel or the new modutils break
> RedHat's mixer-setting/sound detection scripts. (I have a es1371 based
> soundcard) However once the sound modules are manually inserted & mixer
> settings loaded, sound works just fine. I'm not sure but I think I saw
> this already with -test7.

I take it you renamed /etc/conf.modules to /etc/modules.conf .. if so
replace all instances of conf.modules to modules.conf in
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit.

> The kernel also breaks lmsensors but that's probably yet another
> story...

http://www.haque.net/software/patches/lm_sensors-2.5.2+2.4.0-test8-pre2.diff.gz

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.             Project Lead
   Don't drink and derive." --Unknown          http://wm.themes.org/
                                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]