On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 05:14:41PM -0400, Leigh Orf wrote:
> Can anyone help? I seem to be very close to finding a solution but not
> quite there yet.

If you can boot your system without hitting this problem (shouldn't be a
problem in your case...), you can also use the setpci tool to change these
values. That way, you don't have to patch your kernel. A simple script should
do the trick (see the following example). I tried it, it did not blow up my system. My
box does fine without it, but this might help in your case.

Cheers//Frank

--
#!/bin/sh
#

triton_pci_id=8086:122d
triton_pcon=0x50
triton_bus_concurrency=$[1<<0]
triton_streaming=$[1<<1]
triton_peer_concurrency=$[1<<3]

# get current pcon value
pcon=$(setpci -d $triton_pci_id $triton_pcon)
# clear bits 0, 1 and 3
pcon=$[$pcon & (0xff ^ $triton_bus_concurrency + $triton_streaming +
$triton_peer_concurrency)]
# write value back to device
setpci -d $triton_pci_id $triton_pcon=$pcon

--
 ## o o\    /     Frank de Lange     \