On 07/04/2016 11:33 PM, Neo Jia wrote:

Sorry, I think I misread the "allocation" as "mapping". We only delay the
cpu mapping, not the allocation.

So how to understand your statement:
"at that moment nobody has any knowledge about how the physical mmio gets
virtualized"

The resource, physical MMIO region, has been allocated, why we do not know the
physical
address mapped to the VM?

From a device driver point of view, the physical mmio region never gets
allocated until
the corresponding resource is requested by clients and granted by the mediated
device driver.

Hmm... but you told me that you did not delay the allocation. :(

So it returns to my original question: why not allocate the physical mmio
region in mmap()?